Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch...Changes

It's kind of funny how things come into your life when you least expect them. 4 months after the birth of Anna-Grace, I was offered my current position as Branch Manager of Mega Force in Washington, NC and almost 4 months after the birth of Reagan another wonderful job opportunity presented itself to me and I happened to land it! (makes me wonder if I want to further my career if I should have thought more about having my tubes tied and kept having children-LOL).

I am super excited about this new opportunity for several reasons.
1. It's a step up in my career, I have thoroughly enjoyed the Human Resources part of my work and am very excited about being able to focus on that "specific" part of my job. It's going to be a bit of a change of pace for me from managing 400-500 people to 75-100 but that may be a welcomed change!
2. it's closer to home- I currently drive 30-40 minutes to my current job and though the downtime to and from work is kind of nice the savings on time, gas and wear and tear on my car will be nice! Not to mention a sweet 4 year old that will be starting Kindergarten next year- might need to have her mommy close by!
3. being closer to home will provide me with more quality time with my family- I currently manage a branch that has a 24/7 operation which means sometimes my time at home is spent working, though don't get me wrong I take on that added responsibility because I want my clients to get the best service possible, but being able to come home and be home will be wonderful:-) 

If you read this and work for me or with me, know that I am going to miss each of you dearly. When I made this decision the hardest part of it was leaving the people that work for me and with me. I spend almost as much time with you as I do my family and am sad to leave you. This decision was in no way made because I don't like my job or the people I work with or for! I told our President the other day no matter where I go or what I do Mega Force will always be with me and no one will ever be able to convince me they are better!

No comments: