Sunday, March 8, 2009

What a weekend!

















Since Chris was working again this weekend, and it seems like with all the cold/rainy weather Anna-Grace and I have been stuck in the house FOREVER. I decided this weekend we would make a special trip to Fayetteville to go see Playhouse Disney Live. For those of you who have not yet learned....my child has a very large obsession with Mickey Mouse, and all the cartoons on Playhouse Disney. I kept asking her all week if she was ready to go meet Mickey Mouse and she would shake her head no. So I was not quite sure if this would be a fun trip or just a waste of time and money.
We headed up to Fayetteville Friday night and stayed with my Mom and Grandma, (what a coincidence my fabulous cousin from PA and her boyfriend were stopping through on their way to Spring Break in Florida!). With the show at 1:30 I tried desperately to get Anna-Grace to take her nap early, and after 30 minutes of fighting it she finally gave it, fast forward to me having to wake her up a short 45 minutes later screaming and crying. We got dressed and once she ate her lunch her mood quickly improved and we headed to the theatre.
















When we walked in (late of course) the show had just started and Anna-Grace could see Mickey Mouse through the doors.....her eyes light up and she screamed "Look mama it's Mickey Mouse on TV". That was the start of one of the best 3 hours of my life. She was so excited there were several times when she pure screamed with excitement. The picture below is an example of one of those moments!
















She danced the hot dog dance with Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Minnie, helped the Einsteins Blast off, Sang a son with Pooh, Tigger and Darby, and danced with Handy Manny. I think I watched her more than I watched the show, but it was well worth every penny to see her as happy as she was. I think we will be hearing about this trip for months to come :-)




So from that story you would think great day huh? And it was. My grandma ended up taking the family to dinner since Laura was in town and Anna-Grace and I left a bit later than expected. We were exactly 13 miles from home when I killed Bambi with my car! Actually I should say she committed suicide because she ran into the side of me but needless to say I wish she would have picked the next car. Anna-Grace and I are fine (she slept until the cops came). But my poor car isn't, and I was scared to death. It's the first time anything like that has happend while Anna-Grace was with me. Now one more aggravation to deal with this week!

No comments: